Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good food out of nowhere??


I wouldn't call myself a food ambassador (gosh look at my waistline) and this is not an extension from the "Ho Chiak" program. But I did stumble upon this shop in Jonker Street the other day for some heart-filling cendol. It was my mum's fault. If she hadn't wanted to take a stroll along memory lane, I won't noticed it at all. The whole length of the street is pack with tourist, mostly Singaporean (I presumed so as I notice a lot of Singaporean vehicle entered this narrowed-street-city). The shop is also packed with patrons and as usual larr, if a Singaporean sees a queue, they would want to queue along too.
Above all, the food, well all I can say...heavenly. The "chiu pai" cendol is excellant for thirst quenchers. The aroma from the gula melaka just makes it more irresistable. I can't even helped to have more. I give a thumbs up.
The shop is setted upon on a old-fashion house-yard, with old deco and old-styled fittings. But what the heck, I am only here for the food!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that cendol looks mouth watering

Anonymous said...

Where is the exact location of this place?

Anonymous said...

Ate there before, long queue but worth every drop of it

wendiesays said...

It's located in the heart of Jonker Street, you won't miss it as you will see people quieing